Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Tattered Florals

I save my double sided papers for just these kind of cards, I love this look.  I cut through the center of the paper and adhered the sides down with scor tape so that it would stay put.


The flower was die cut a couple times with each size and I did a little shaping of the flowers, the button was sewn through all the layers. A few gems to top it off.

K&co. - Classic K paper
Sizzix -Tim Holtz -  Tattered florals die
Button
Spellbinders - Special Birthday sentiments
Recollections - Iridescent gems

Personal note here.  My hubby and I went to Mississippi this past weekend, since my hubby had 4 days off and it was a 10 hour drive and we hadn't been to the gulf coast there we thought it would be fun to explore a new place. We were only 6 miles from our hotel when we were side swiped by a Semi.  It tore the whole drivers side of the car up and we can't even get the back door to open, the drivers side is bent but it at least opens and shuts well enough to lock. But most of all we are so thankful that no one was injured in this accident.  It shook us up quite a bit, by the next morning we decided to stay with our plans for the trip instead of heading back home, and I think we made the right choice.  We are safely back home, now time to deal with the insurance and find out if they will replace the doors or say it is not worth repairing and we will have to get a new car.

I hope you are all well and having a lovely start to your week, we have come home to much rain but we are in need of it here so that is all good too :)

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and say Hi,
Hugs,
Connie

16 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful card, this is always such a lovely design. I do adore your double sided paper too! Very Pretty!

Beth Norman said...

Such a cute card. I love the way you cut a flap opening.

Oh my gosh, your story is horrendous. I am so thankful you two were not hurt. How in the world did this happen? I can't imagine what you went through. Blessings.

I live in Canada (Ontario), and I have a sister living in Gulport, Mississippi. It's beautiful there. So glad you had a chance to take another road trip.

CherylQuilts said...

What a beautiful card, and I love how you've shown off the double-sided pattern paper and added a beautiful flower! Oh my, praise God that no one was hurt, but I can imagine the fright of it all. So glad you were able to complete your trip and hopefully enjoy the coast. Praying as you make your way dealing with the insurance company and all that entails. So glad you are okay. Cars can always be repaired or replaced, but you are so pecious! Tender hugs! xoxo

Esther Asbury said...

I love the fold back design of your card and what pretty papers to showcase! So happy you weren't hurt in the accident --

Louca por porcelana said...

Lovely card!So glad you are okay...Blessings,Maristella.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Love your card, the paper is really pretty like that.
Glad you arrived home safely. I hope that the insurance stuff does not create too many headaches.

Donna Ellis said...

Whew! So glad you were not hurt in the accident, and I hope that you are able to have your vehicle adequately repaired, Connie. How scary that must have been! Thanks for sharing your pretty tattered flower card! hugs, de

Kim said...

Oh, how horrible for you and your husband. So thankful you are both okay and continued on to enjoy your little getaway. Let's hope all is okay with the insurance. AND.....this is a lovely card; love the flower.

Anonymous said...

Connie, how scary! I am so glad that you and your husband are safe and sound. Good for you for doing your best to enjoy your time away in spite of the accident. Love your card too!

Stephanie said...

Oh Connie, how scary! Praise the Lord that you and your husband are safe and it's only your vehicle that was damaged. God is so good!

Your card is simply lovely. Hugs to you!

Birgit said...

Such a clever use of double sided paper. Your card is lovely! I'm so glad to hear that you're all okay. How scary to be hit by a semi. I hope it all works out the best for you but mostly I'm glad no one got hurt.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my, Connie!! That's a scary enough experience, but a semi, no less! Thank goodness you're all okay. I'm glad you were able to finish and enjoy your trip. That takes determination! It always amazes me how close everything is in your part of the country. We're in southern Oregon and it takes us 10-12 hours just to get to San Francisco. I do love your beautiful card with the double sided paper. Sometimes it's hard to cut into a piece and only use one side, but this takes care of that! Really love the sentiment, too. I hope all is resolved satisfactorily with your car insurance. Hugs!

Debbie said...

oooh connie, so sad to read about the accident - how scary!! i'm glad you made the right choice to stay, sometimes it so hard to know what to do. good that you were able to relax and enjoy the trip somewhat. now the work begins, dealing with insurance, that can be as scary as the accident.

we travel a bit by car and i often think about this...and we have seen some terrible accidents. we have been very lucky, but as you know, you can't control other drivers!!

Debbie said...

beautiful card!!!

Janice said...

A great way to show the double sided papers, I love the design, really pretty.

Janice said...

So pleased to read you’re both ok, that must have been so scary.